How Long Are Cooked Ribs Good For – Outer Chef
In the words of Calvin Trillin – “The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.”
The lines truly depict our lives, don’t they? When you have got cravings at midnight, there could be nothing better than having your pre-cooked ribs.
Since it is time-consuming to prepare the ribs, we recommend cooking them in quantity. And then you can easily freeze them for later consumption. But many of us tend to worry about how long are cooked ribs good for. Let’s go through the article to find out how many days you can preserve the ribs.
Packaging and Freezing the Ribs
- Cut between the bones according to your needs. Generally, ½ or 1/3 of a rack is quite appropriate for most people.
- Lay them on a large sheet of plastic wrap.
- Put them in a air-tight box.
- Place them in the freezer as early as possible.
- You can transfer the frozen pieces to the zipper seal bags.
Tips for refrigerator
The pork ribs will remain fresh till 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator
- You should refrigerate pork ribs within two hours of cooking.
- Preserve them in an air-tight box or wrap them tightly with plastics wraps or heavy-duty aluminum.
Tips for freezer
They will remain the best quality for 2 to 3 months in the freezer.
- If you want to keep them fresh for more days, keep them in the freezers.
- If you put the cooked ribs from the freezer to the refrigerator, they will stay fresh in the refrigerator for an additional 3 to 4 days. But when you thaw them in the microwave, they should be eaten immediately.
You need to discard the ribs if they are left for more than 2 hours at room temperature. If you get any sour smell or slimy texture, do not try them.
The Best Ribs for Grilling
Do not just go for any pack of ribs and run from the store. Different types of ribs have a different flavor, texture, and cooking techniques. The three most common types of ribs are –
- Baby back ribs – This one is the most familiar. They are small, meaty, and lean.
- Spareribs – These are larger than flat bones. They will get tender after a long cooking period.
- St.Louis – style ribs – These are kinds of spareribs with the rib tips removed. They have a rectangular shape.
How to Reheat Smoked Ribs in Grills
You can reheat your smoked ribs in the grills by following some simple steps. It gives you a smoky flavor and true BBQ taste.
- Firstly, preheat your grill on high heat.
- Keep the leftovers to come at room temperature after taking them out of the fridge.
- Put some sauce on your ribs.
- Cover them in aluminum foil in two layers.
- Turn the temperature into medium heat. Then place them on the grates. Set them on an indirect heat spot. Turn the ribs when one part gets heated properly.
How to Reheat Ribs in the Oven
If you want to reheat a large number of ribs to turn them into hot and crunchy, you can use the oven.
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 250°F.
- Put your ribs out of the fridge and let them sit on the countertop until they come to room temperature.
- Add some BBQ sauce on your ribs.
- Put the ribs on aluminum foil and tightly wrap the foil around the ribs. You should add another layer of foil to ensure that no liquid escapes during the heating process.
- Put the parcel of meat in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes. Keep a close eye as cooking time will depend on the cut and quantity of meat.
How to Reheat Ribs in the Microwave
Reheating ribs in the microwave is simple and easy and the usual day-after go-to task. But it won’t give you the best taste.
- You can place soaked paper towels on the bottom of a safe microwave dish to keep moisture in your ribs.
- Place the ribs in the microwave-safe container. Reheat for 2-3 minutes. Take a look if they are done.
- If they are not done, put them back and heat them for 1 minute.
- The microwave should be clean and odor-free before placing ribs inside.
What to Do with Leftovers
There are so many ways to show your creativity with bbq.
- Make sandwiches with shredded meats.
- Lots of options for salads are there.
- You can have them on your pizza toppings.
- You can make a quick dip or sauce and simply have them.
- You can use the leftover ribs for a hearty soup.
- You can buy readymade Rufus Teague BBQ sauce, True made foods vegetable BBQ sauce, or anything according to your taste. And have them with the small ribs.
Sides with Ribs
You can have coleslaw, corn on the cob, mac and cheese casserole, baked beans, and so on.
Now cook ribs in batches and don’t worry about how long are cooked ribs good for. Share with us your favorite recipe of ribs.